SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Thursday, July 03, 2008

LYNFA OFF TO TOKYO AGAIN


Lynfa Phillips is no stranger to my blogosphere. She is one of my “wonder women” and acknowledged as such by the Welsh Government, travelling as she does to and from Japan for her own business. She does so much for Groundwork Merthyr, Rhondda, Cynon, Taff which are twinned with Groundwork Fukuoka. Lynfa plans to visit them again in October.

Lynfa enjoyed my "touches of the orient" and some of my new Japanese friends who serve me green tea (which is very good for you!) Seeing my photos from Chelsea Flower Show, she was reminded of the former Chelsea prize winning Japanese garden at the Welsh botanical garden at Llanarthne. It was transported, planted, then opened by the then Japanese Ambassador. Lynfa donated a Sakura tree to the garden in memory of Taichi Nishio, her former colleague from whom she inherited her firm - Import Agencies Ltd.