SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Friday, March 26, 2010

GOODBYE DENNIS ROOKARD



At noon on Monday last, I visited the Phoenix FM Studio to spend an hour in a radio tribute to their music presenter, Dennis Rookard, a good friend of so many folk in Brentwood who died a fortnight ago. Michelle Ward, one of the best presenters on Phoenix FM kept us in order in her own inimitable and charming way.

I particularly wanted one of Dennis’ best friends, Geoffrey Perrior, to accompany me as the two mates go back such a long time. Between us, with Geoff talking about Dennis' skills with the camera, radio and Hosiprog TV and my memories of him in our writing circle. I hope we made a small contribution to his presence in so many people's lives. How he would have laughed at our efforts! Dennis’s funeral is on Wednesday, 31 March at 2pm London Road Cemetery and I’m sure that many of his old buddies will be there to say goodbye.

Labels: