SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Monday, March 17, 2014

BOB CROW IN BILLERICAY FOR RADIO PROGRAMME FEW YEARS AGO

Strange times - this week I am reading about the passing of the union man, Bob Crow, who came to visit us in Billericay for an edition of BBC Radio Question Time a few years ago.    Here he is posing with Dimbleby with one of our former councillors in the background.
When interviewing him, I found him quietly spoken and rather nice socially. But this was, of course, in the 'green room'.  Must admit, he was affable and got on with our local councillors.

I've written about Tony Benn who died a few days ago who was also an interesting man, albeit not of my political thinking,  and now Clarissa Dickson Wright, has died today. Oh dear!  She seemed frosty at first meeting, but again, was witty and we had a good old chat about my favourite hobby - cookery though she didn't like my other hobby of making wine and mead.  Oh well - you can't win 'em all!  



0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home