SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Sunday, November 09, 2014

BARKING & DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY - A RATHER SPECIAL EVENING AT HARP HOUSE

Amberley Publishing Limited in Stroud has now published my latest book (tenth) which I took with me last week when the BARKING & DISTRICT HISTORICAL SOCIETY celebrated their 80th birthday. Enjoyed meeting lots of local historians and there were lovely folk at Harp House - their regular monthly meeting place.   This is a super group with excellent knowledge of their borough. Guest speaker was Keith Glenny, someone I've been interested in meeting for ages, well, since I started research on this latest book and how lovely to meet the BDHS President Bill George and Chairman John Blake.

Other book signing sessions are on the diary including Brentwood Library on Saturday 15 November at 10.00 till noon; Frances Clamp, my literary chum will also be signing her book that day (Southend-on-Sea in the Great War) so we are looking forward to seeing friends and people, many of whom actually appear in our books. I have more signings at Dagenham Library (date to be fixed), Valence House Museum and Eastbury Manor House - the latter two, my favourite historical mansions, are certainly worth a visit at any time of the year, but particularly at Christmas. 


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home