SYLVIA KENT'S READING & WRITING FORUM

A history and lifestyle journal www.swwj.co.uk

Wednesday, April 08, 2015

A FORAY INTO THE ROMANTIC NOVEL

With such an all-absorbing interest in historical research and writing, I rarely have time to read anything other than those topics, but was pleased to be sent this attached novel by my new friend ADRIENNE VAUGHAN whom I met at the Society of Writers & Journalists' celebratory lunch in London last year. Maybe I was pleased to read the book because its protagonist Marianne Coltrane is a feisty award-winning journalist and not some soppy half-baked simpering heroine looking for love.
I enjoyed Adrienne's cast of colourful characters, within her fast moving, believable storyline set in the newspaper world.
Yes, a good read!  Adrienne is Editor  of 'RomanceMatters:romanticnovelistsassociation.org

Adrienne Vaughan (left) and my sister, Eve Gladstone, poet

The Hollow Heart is Adrienne's debut novel and I am now following her  @adrienneauthor.  Expect she has a website, too, and as soon as I tie up current work, will do some shadowing.  Still not primarily a fan of romantic tales, this one was so absorbing, fast moving, couldn't put it down.  

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home